First time in India
India has voted to elect its new government during last one month. It was unique in many senses. Several things will be happening first time in the history of India.
1. Narendra Modi will become a Member of Parliament (MP, Loksabha).
2. He will be the Prime Minister of India for the first time.
3. BJP led NDA will get clear and absolute majority in Loksabha and form a strong government for the first time.
4. BJP will secure record number of seats and obtain highest ever seats in Loksabha.
5. BJP will win seat in Tamilnadu first time.
6. BJP will secure highest number of seats in West Bengal.
7. Both BJP and NDA will secure highest ever vote percentage in India.
8. BJP will win highest ever Loksabha seats in Rajasthan, Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Assam and Jharkhand.
9 Indian National Congress will shrink to double digit first time in India.
10. Talisman of Nehru- Gandhi family will not be working in India first time after 1977.
11. India has already voted with highest ever percentage (Above 68%). First time it has crossed 65% mark.
India is moving with Modi wave whether people accept or deny. All pre-poll and exit poll surveys are of the same opinion. Most of the opinion/ exit polls are predicting 230 to 260 seats for BJP and 260 to 300 seats for NDA. However, I personally feel that the Narendra Modi wave will break all the records and BJP led NDA will get much more Loksabha seats than predicted. This happened several times in India. BJP has got 163 seats in Rajasthan assembly election, 2013 whwere none has predicted more than 125. We have seen similar wave against Lalu Prasad Yadav led RJD when charisma of Nitish Kumar and BJP marginalized RJD. There are several other cases when such incidents happened.
I will not be surprized if NDA will get more than 340 Loksabha seats as predicted by an exit poll. Let us wait for 36 hours to get this predictions true. The result will be declared on May 16, 2014.
Jyoti Kothari (Jyoti Kothari, Proprietor, Vardhaman Gems, Jaipur represents Centuries Old Tradition of Excellence in Gems and Jewelry. He is adviser, Vardhaman Infotech, a leading IT company in Jaipur. He is also ISO 9000 professional)